ITS offers Delinea Secret Server for faculty and staff to securely manage passwords. Delinea Secret Server is part of a comprehensive Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution at the University of Nebraska to protect sensitive information, such as passwords, keys, and certificates, while ensuring that access to these critical assets is granted only to authorized personnel. Faculty and staff can access Secret Server on a cost-recovery basis, streamlining their online experience and enhancing overall cybersecurity.
Benefits & Features
- Stronger Passwords: Prevent brute-force, social engineering, and malware attacks by creating unique and complex passwords for every managed account.
- Phishing Resistant: Prevent phishing attacks by verifying managed credentials are only entered into legitimate websites.
- Convenience: Use a single password to securely retrieve managed credentials from Secret Server on a web browser or from authorized devices, including mobile phones.
- Save Time: Reduce the time it takes to log in by automatically entering managed credentials into trusted websites or available applications.
- Collaboration: Securely share managed credentials with collaborators, without exposing passwords.
Request Access: Faculty and staff can obtain a Secret Server account or privileged admin license through the ITS Software Request form below. University IT staff are provided a license at no-cost.
Installation: Delinea is a web-based platform but offers a password filler browser extension and a mobile application for multi-factor authentication (MFA) and mobile password management.
Training: Access resources and training materials to make the most of the advanced features available.
Vault User License: Provided to all University of Nebraska ITS and distributed IT staff and enables essential password management features and functionality. Non-IT faculty and staff can also obtain a vault user license on a cost-recovery basis.
Privileged Admin License: Provided to identified members of ITS, NeSIS, NeBIS, and EDS, to facilitated advanced Privileged Access Management (PAM) for university accounts. Faculty and staff can also obtain a privileged admin license on a cost-recovery basis.
Annual subscriptions for Vault and Privileged licenses can purchased using the ITS Software Request form.
Delinea services at the University of Nebraska are secure and resilient by design. The Delinea Platform and Secret Server are hosted in Microsoft Azure’s High Availability environment with three geo-redundant copies within the continental United States. University data is 100% isolated and encrypted in transit and at rest using AES-256 and PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA256 encryption.
The University’s environment meets compliance and security standards for NIST, GDPR, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and FedRAMP. This means credentials for Low, Medium, High, and Regulated IT Risk Classifications can be stored and managed with assurance.