Twitter feeds are available on University of Nebraska digital signs. These feeds automatically update every 15 minutes. There are four tiers for Twitter feeds to avoid having an empty region if no valid content is available at the primary tier. In general, the four tiers are:
- The official Twitter feed for the department (primary tier)
- The official Twitter feed for the college the department resides within (alternate tier, displays if no valid Tweets exist at primary tier)
- The official Twitter feed for the campus the department resides within (second alternate tier, displays if no valid Tweets exist at primary or secondary tiers)
- The official Twitter feed for the University of Nebraska system (third alternate tier, displays if no valid Tweets exist at any above tiers)
For the department's primary Twitter feed to appear on their digital sign, it needs to meet the following criteria:
- Tweets must originate from the department's official Twitter account. Re-Tweets do not qualify - must be original content.
- Tweets must include an image or video. Text-only Tweets will not appear on digital signs.
- By default, signs are configured to display up to 10 Tweets from the past 30 days that include a photo or video. If a department is interested in changing the date and/or number of Tweet parameters, they can submit a general inquiry via the Digital Sign Support Request form for assistance.