The Microsoft 365 suite of applications is designed to meet the University's needs for robust security, reliability and productivity.
Benefits & Features
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps that help you stay connected and get things done. Microsoft 365 Education offers University leaders, faculty, staff and students the software solutions they need to improve learning outcomes, fuel classroom efficiencies, achieve goals, and save time and money.
Students, faculty, staff and alumni are eligible for this service. Depending on role access to certain applications may change.
- UNK / UNO - Once employees have an officially assigned University role an MS365 account will be automatically assigned.
- UNL - Once employees have an officially assigned University role, employees may claim their MS365 account here.
- All Former employees are subject to their campus offboarding policy. This is being re-evaluated as it relates to the new EM16. More information on EM16 can be found here https://its.nebraska.edu/policies-processes/responsible-use-of-university-computers-and-information-systems
- UNK - Once students are enrolled in a class, an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after the enrollment for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently.
- UNL / UNO - Once students are admitted to the university an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after admission for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently. *Students are not eligible to download Microsoft Office until they are enrolled in a class.
- UNK - Access remains 2 years after the last day of enrollment
- UNL - Email for life*
- Other services, e.g. OneDrive and Office, expire 2 terms after last enrollment
- Request Alumni Account
*Account must be actively used within last 18 months or the account will be deactivated (users will be notified via @huskers.unl.edu address)
- Undergraduate Students - 2 years after last enrollment
- Graduate Students - 4 years after last enrollment
- Intercampus Students - UNO accounts are removed at the end of their last intercampus approved semester
- ILUNO Students - Accounts are removed at the end of their last enrolled session
- Alumni - 5 years after the conferral of their degree
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.