The Microsoft 365 suite of applications is designed to meet the University's needs for robust security, reliability and productivity.
Benefits & Features
Microsoft 365 is a suite of apps that help you stay connected and get things done. Microsoft 365 Education offers University leaders, faculty, staff and students the software solutions they need to improve learning outcomes, fuel classroom efficiencies, achieve goals, and save time and money.
Students, faculty, staff and alumni are eligible for this service. Depending on role access to certain applications may change.
- Once employees have an officially assigned University role an MS365 account will be automatically assigned.
- Once an affiliate has completed HR paperwork an MS365 account will be automatically assigned.
- Licensing for affiliate accounts are not eligible to download Microsoft Office, Office Online only.
- Volunteers are not eligible for MS365 accounts.
- Unless an employee is granted Emeritus status, IT services including email will be removed upon offboarding date.
- All Former employees are subject to their campus offboarding policy. This is being re-evaluated as it relates to the new EM16. More information on EM16 can be found here https://its.nebraska.edu/policies-processes/responsible-use-of-university-computers-and-information-systems
- UNK - Once students are enrolled in a class, an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after the enrollment for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently.
- UNL / UNO - Once students are admitted to the university an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after admission for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently. *Students are not eligible to download Microsoft Office until they are enrolled in a class.
- UNK - Access remains 2 years after the last completed semester of enrollment
- UNL - Access to email and other ITS services will end at the same time 2 semester after your last enrolled class or graduation. FAQ
- Undergraduate Students - 2 years after the last completed semester of enrollment
- Graduate Students - 4 years after the last completed semester of enrollment
- Intercampus Students - UNO accounts are removed at the end of their last intercampus approved semester
- ILUNO Students - Accounts are removed at the end of their last enrolled session
- Alumni - 5 years after the conferral of their degree
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.
Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org