Outlook is the Microsoft 365 application utilized for mail and calendaring at the University of Nebraska System.
Benefits & Features
- Access Anywhere
- Automatic Updates
- Unified Collaboration
Email Account types include:
Faculty/Staff email accounts utilize the Microsoft 365 suite with enterprise email, online document editing and storage, team collaboration, and web conferencing.
Office 365 accounts for auxiliary, shared access, room or equipment reservations.
Allows users the ability to send to large groups of users.
All students are entitled to a student email account which can be used for official university communications.
Access your e-mail account via:
Students, faculty, staff and alumni are eligible for this service. Depending on role access to certain applications may change.
- Once employees have an officially assigned University role an MS365 account will be automatically assigned.
- Emeritus Faculty - Lifetime email.
- Separated Faculty & Staff in nonpaid role - Account will be permanently disabled within 24 hours of separation.
- Faculty / Staff separating & enrolled/enrolling in classes - The existing account will be disabled and a non-associated account with a new ID will be generated.
- Unless an employee is granted Emeritus status, IT services including email will be removed upon offboarding date.
- All Former employees are subject to their campus offboarding policy. This is being re-evaluated as it relates to the new EM16. More information on EM16 can be found here https://its.nebraska.edu/policies-processes/responsible-use-of-university-computers-and-information-systems
- UNK - Once students are enrolled in a class, an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after the enrollment for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently.
- UNL / UNO - Once students are admitted to the university an MS365 account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after admission for an account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently. *Students are not eligible to download Microsoft Office until they are enrolled in a class.
- UNK - Access remains 2 years after the last day of enrollment
- UNL - Access to email and other ITS services will end at the same time 2 semester after your last enrolled class or graduation. FAQ
- Undergraduate Students - 2 years after last enrollment
- Graduate Students - 4 years after last enrollment
- Intercampus Students - UNO accounts are removed at the end of their last intercampus approved semester
- ILUNO Students - Accounts are removed at the end of their last enrolled session
- Alumni - 5 years after the conferral of their degree
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.
Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org
Clicking the button below will open the chat in a new tab.