Outlook is the Microsoft 365 application utilized for mail and calendaring at the University of Nebraska System.
Benefits & Features
- Access Anywhere
- Automatic Updates
- Unified Collaboration
- UNK / UNO - Once employees have an officially assigned University role an email account will be automatically assigned.
- UNL - Once employees have an officially assigned University role, employees may claim their email account here.
- UNK - Once students are enrolled in a class, an email account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after the enrollment for an email account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently.
- UNL / UNO - Once students are admitted to the university an email account is assigned to them. It may take a day or so after admission for an email account to be assigned. All official notifications are emailed to a students' University email account. It is important to check this account frequently. *Students are not eligible to download Microsoft Office until they are enrolled in a class.
- UNK - 2 years after the last day of enrollment
- UNL - Lifetime Email access
- Other services, e.g. OneDrive and Office, expire 2 terms after last enrollment
- Request Alumni Account
- UNO - 5 years post graduation.
Email Account types include:
Faculty/Staff email accounts utilize the Microsoft 365 suite with enterprise email, online document editing and storage, team collaboration, and web conferencing.
Office 365 accounts for auxiliary, shared access, room or equipment reservations.
Allows users the ability to send to large groups of users.
All students are entitled to a student email account which can be used for official university communications.
Access your e-mail account via:
There is no charge for this service, which is considered a common-good service.
Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org